Firaxis Games, creator of the acclaimed Sid Meier’s Civilization and XCOM franchises and home of legendary game designer Sid Meier, is looking to hire a Marketing Video Artist to work with our teams and 2K Games to help bring our games to our fans and new audiences. The Marketing Video Artist is responsible for capturing video from our games, editing video content, and adjusting to feedback from multiple stakeholders. We need an efficient, creative, and team-focused artist to help present our games in the best possible light.
- Using in-game and engine tools to create bespoke video for our most engaged audiences. The Marketing Video Artist is a subject matter expert in the visual presentation of the game and its underlying architecture to make content to excite fans.
- Creating content under the direction and schedule of Firaxis' and 2K's marketing teams. The Marketing Video Artist provides expertise on how best to present complex gameplay information and then creates the scene.
- Works with the development team to understand capabilities, limitations, and opportunities of the game's visuals, and understands the aesthetic objectives for the visuals in the game. The Marketing Video Artist is comfortable with working on a game that is in live development.
- Assists in livestreaming and other live video production as needs arise.
- 3+ years' experience with developing video – capture, editing, exporting, and review with external partners.
- Experience with in-engine capture and Unreal.
- Skilled with Adobe Premiere and experience with Adobe AfterEffects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for Firaxis’ games.
- Experience in developing assets, including trailers, demo reels, and other video content in promoting a video game as part of a communications campaign.
- Experience with in-engine capture and Unreal 4.
- Familiarity with video game production development as part of team.
- Experience in promoting a video game title or other product as part of a communications campaign.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and Firaxis.com accounts.