Lead Gameplay Engineer
Cat Daddy Games is seeking an experienced Lead Gameplay Engineer to provide technical direction and leadership for one of the studios mobile game titles.
- Lead the gameplay engineering team for assigned game title
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements and design goals
- Maintain and improve overall code quality, ensuring that code is cross-platform, reusable, and testable
- Manage internal and external technology dependencies and risks, and create contingency plans for all critical path technologies
- Work with the production team to revise and validate engineering estimates and production plans
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure quality and consistency
- Provide mentorship, troubleshooting, debugging and problem-solving assistance to members of the engineering team
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or relevant work experience
- 7+ years industry or related experience
- Previous experience leading (preferably), or being a strong contributor to a gameplay engineering team
- Experience developing multi-platform projects. Experience in iOS and/or Android is a big plus.
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Expertise with the C++ programming language along with strong coding architectural design principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or catdaddy.com accounts.