JOB TITLE: VFX Artist (Visual Effects Artist)
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Head Of Production/Media Director
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our team. S/he pushes the level of visual effects even closer to the quality of film blockbusters and the render output to the very edge of the potential of target platforms (PC, Xbox One, and PS4).
What You Will Do:
- Close cooperation with artists, animators, and sound engineers. Together with them, s/he adds drama into the game and film sequences through her/his own visual effects
- Design, creation, implementation, modification, and innovation of real-time particle effects, using both static and animated 2D/3D elements
- Creating and setting up climatic conditions, environment, air, and weather effects
- Design and creation of prototypes of new effects and render features for the game and engine
- Research, analysis, and dealing with problems related to effects
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Perfect sense of timing, animation, and movements of realistic objects and visual effects
- Ability to analyze real atmospheric and physical phenomena (fog, smoke, fire, liquids, cloths, etc.) and implement their efficient and most precise transformation in our virtual world
- Experience with the development of the most up-to-date particle systems and visual effects.
- Experience with 3dsMax (or other robust 3D software), After Effects, Houdiny, and Photoshop
- Communicative knowledge of English
Nice To Have:
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic arts, Computer visualization, Computer animation or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- Experience in other disciplines such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animating or lighting
- Knowledge of drawing, painting, and technical issues of animating
- Experience with one or several scripting languages
- Previous experience with computer game animation or any other discipline of digital animation, visual effects
- A released game project
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.