Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need
2K is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to manage the social media channels of several iconic 2K franchises. Under the direction of the Sr Social Media Manager, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the games’ global social media strategy, balancing global brand needs vs. regional marketing needs.
As a member of the Global Social Media team, you will develop channel strategies for all major platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, and first party community hubs. You will oversee the development of creative content that excites, educates, and engages our growing audience of players from conceptualization to publication and measurement.
What You Will Do
- Define the global social media strategy for the multiple gaming products, including methods of player acquisition, retention, and engagement from owned and earned channels.
- Manage and execute day-to-day global social plans working with internal cross-functional teams, development teams, and external agencies as needed.
- Develop creative briefs and help coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes.
- Monitor and analyze content performance and social sentiment, using data tools and insights to inform decisions. Proactively recommend enhancements to the strategic plans, escalate potential issues, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Establish and advocate for owned and earned channel best practices including content strategy and optimization as well as platform usage.
- Maintain an ongoing content calendar for owned social channels providing visibility and transparency to global stakeholders.
- Compile and distribute regular social-related metric reports ensuring upwards visibility, as well as helping inform what metrics are valuable.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
We are looking for someone who is a social content strategist at heart, whose primary skill set is in social media, is extremely passionate about social content, and is always on. They should be an avid gamer who is plugged into internet and pop culture. This person should be creatively-driven and able to tell engaging stories though social content. They should be independent, proactive, and always ideating ways to enhance what we do to drive engagement and retention, while having the skillset to logistically execute ideas and effectively collaborate. This person must have the capacity to understand and always think about the big picture to make daily decisions that are aligned with the overall global marketing strategy. This person must be extremely thorough, detailed oriented, and organized while maintaining efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of social media or community management experience for a gaming publisher, developer, entertainment, or similar brand.
- Solid understanding of/passion for video games and pop culture is essential.
- A social media enthusiast with experience building communities on, and practical knowledge of, social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. as well as community platforms like Discord, and Reddit. Experience with Steam, Epic Games Store and first party platform community hub best practices is a plus.
- Experience with social listening tools to monitor and analyze community sentiment, using data to inform decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ideally in a variety of mediums including long-form and social media. Previous editorial experience a plus.
- Impeccable project management skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple projects.