Who We Are:
2K is a leading console and PC game developer and publisher who is known for bringing critically acclaimed titles such as NBA 2K, Borderlands, Bioshock, Mafia, XCOM, WWE 2K, and Sid Meier’s Civilization to gamers around the world.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a passionate and self-motivated Manager to join the new Marketing Insights team. This individual will work cross-functionally with Brand and Performance Marketing, Analytics, Commercial, and Creative teams to develop a deeper understanding of our gaming audience through data-driven insights and market research. You will work on some of the biggest gaming franchises in the business to collect marketing campaign and consumer data from various channels, analyze consumer segments, distill historical marketing data into actionable insights, and optimize marketing strategy and campaigns to better align with audience needs and behaviors.
The Manager of Global Marketing Insights is a new role and will be based in Novato, California. This position reports into the Senior Manager of Global Marketing Insights.
What You Will Do:
- Go beyond simple data analysis to provide meaningful and actionable insights into consumer behavior and marketing performance
- Work collaboratively with our Brand and Performance Marketing, Commercial, Analytics, and Creative teams to gather audience and campaign data, synthesize and communicate consumer insights from that data, and optimize marketing strategies and budgets accordingly
- Analyze consumer segments and data and drive consumer journey optimization to close the loop between marketing insights and actions
- Partner with internal teams and partners to identify, summarize, and communicate consumer trends in the gaming industry that will affect marketing strategy and end-to-end consumer experience
- Collate, organize, and analyze all relevant marketing and business data to determine what has and has not worked in historical marketing campaigns
- Analyze internal 2K customer data to develop the estimated size of potential consumer segments and identify opportunities for improved targeting and conversion
- Create and distribute presentations, reports and/or dashboards that summarize the development and ongoing optimization of marketing strategies and budgets in a clear and precise manner
- Partner with Analytics to understand the relationship between different campaign factors/attributes and sales to support marketing budget decisions and recommend test scenarios to drive business growth and innovation in marketing
- Identify optimization opportunities across marketing channels and work closely with marketing managers and agency partners to implement these opportunities
- Develop hypotheses of how and why marketing investment tactics impacts sales, CPA, and ultimately marketing budgets
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You have a strategic mind, knowledge of consumer marketing metrics and standards, and comfort working collaboratively to drive complex marketing analyses. You should be able to independently form and communicate hypotheses and feel comfortable taking ownership of analyses. Solution-oriented, creative problem solvers, and self-starters with passion and enthusiasm for driving results tend to succeed at 2K!
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing or Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences (or in another quantitative discipline)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in management consulting, marketing or consumer insights, growth marketing, business strategy, or marketing analytics
- Consumer-centric mindset with a strong understanding for consumers’ desires and behaviors and a proven track record in driving impact and change through consumer insights
- Ability to clearly articulate the difference between consumer data and insights
- Proven analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Proven ability to break down complex analyses into communicable conclusions that can be shared with diverse stakeholder groups
- Comfort working autonomously; a “self-starter”
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships by gaining trust to successfully manage and deliver against expectations
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results via a thorough knowledge of the principles of marketing
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Innate ability to respectfully challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills