The Manager position is responsible for the delivery of Quality Assurance (QA) and Customer Support (CS) across a portfolio of games or titles. Day to day is managing the lifecycle of a 2K product(s) through pre-production quality assurance and post launch customer experience. You will champion the quality of our games and services, support the productivity and management of your team, and maintain and improve the efficiency of our processes. You will need to build relationships across the organization to ensure the team can respond quickly and proactively to customers’ needs. Your team is the eyes and ears of the customer and needs to get the message heard.
Our goal is to develop leaders and ensure our team is equipped to meet a rapidly changing and growing studio environment. You will oversee a team consisting of QA and CS Specialists, matrix resources and potentially external vendors, while managing their performance and professional development to meet the current and future needs of the business.
This position requires prior experience working across AAA First Person Shooter titles. Only candidates with this experience can be considered for this particular opportunity.
- Develop and execute deliverables across allocated portfolio of games, with a focus on Quality Assurance and Customer Support
- Establish and maintain an overarching QA and CS roadmap for the portfolio, with a goal of increasing efficiency and quality through tools, technology, and strategic initiatives
- Proactively plan the pipeline of releases ensuring staff allocations can support aggressive development cycles
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and partners to support the quality release of products on time and provide strategic direction to the QA/CS management team
- Manage a multidisciplinary team across a game studio(s) with multiple concurrent projects, setting department level KPI’s for success and managing the team to achieve them, focusing on performance and development
- Mentor team members and drive training procedures for all levels of the team
- Develop and nurture relationships throughout the company to share and obtain knowledge
- Participate in company-wide initiatives pertaining to quality, coach game team leaders on the use of quality tools and techniques, while championing QA initiatives throughout the company
- Advocate for the player needs at every step, while overseeing all customer support activities
- Actively participate in the recruitment and onboarding process to support studio staff growth objectives
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
We are looking for a true leader who has exceptional communication skills and is determined to advocate for quality and customers at every step. We require someone with experience managing projects and product deliverables, always looking out for improvement opportunities, and who can see ideas through to execution. Experience in QA or Customer Support in gaming and specifically AAA First Person Shooter Titles.
- Bachelors or Associates degree, High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years in a Project Delivery, Product Management, Quality Assurance Management or Customer Service Management position with experience across Quality Assurance or Customer Support
- Prior QA/Delivery experience across AAA First Person Shooter titles
- Strong project/product management skills needed to understand business strategy and technology, with the ability to influence, negotiate and bring teams to success
- Proven experience in developing and managing roadmaps and delivery schedules including resource allocation and team management. Able to demonstrate a proven track record of contributing to large-scale shipped products
- Management skills to include successfully handling ambiguity, flexibility and understanding of the development process, while maintaining good relations with producers and developers
- Be a natural at building relationships with outstanding interpersonal skills by demonstrating patience, positivity, and helpfulness with internal team members and external partners with the ability to adapt to the different needs of each group
- A strong drive to solve problems, remove obstacles, advocate for players seeking help, and the understanding that customer solutions are not one-size-fits-all
- Exceptional English communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- An eye for detail—accuracy is essential
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, and the flexibility to handle an environment where facts and details can change rapidly
- Computer literacy, gaming platforms, advanced MS Office Suite (esp. Outlook, Word, Excel), Google Suite, Zoom, Slack
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
- Successful experience in Quality Assurance and Customer Support within a gaming company
- Excellent understanding of the Development and Quality Assurance process, tools, and practices
- Experience with relevant tools such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Confluence, Jira
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.