JOB TITLE: Animation Director
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
FUNCTION: Animation - Gameplay
REPORTS TO: Game Director
What We Need:
As the Animation Director for an incredibly exciting new game from Hangar 13, you'll set the bar for animations across the entirety of the project and drive toward the highest quality at every phase. From keyframe animation on amazing new enemies to directing mocap shoots with stunt actors, you’ll partner with the Game Director to define and deliver a unique vision and style. You'll build and grow a team of highly skilled and incredibly creative animators and ensure they are given the proper guidance and feedback to meet the quality bar you've set.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with the Game Director to define and hold the vision for animation style
- Collaborate with the Design, Art and Technical Directors to set the standard and drive the visual quality across all animation content in the game
- Drive and empower designers and artists to understand your vision for character and enemy animations, bringing those elements to life
- Define the standard for animations at every stage, from concept to ship
- Build out, manage and mentor the studio's animation teams
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- At least 10 years' experience working in the game industry with at least 2 shipped titles in a management role.
- Experience in AAA game development
- Experience directing mocap shoots and managing data
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motion Builder
- Superior knowledge of current games and trends and strong opinions about animation techniques and quality
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Comfortable working within proprietary engines and tools
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile-long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.