Who We Are
2K Mocap is looking for an enthusiastic stage technician to join our Motion Capture team. We work closely with developers and artists to capture performance data, audio and video assets. We operate a state of the art system for capturing body and facial data for a range of AAA titles and are always looking for ways to test and implement new technology. We foster a professional environment based on integrity, collaboration, constructive motivation, efficiency, and problem solving. Every day brings different challenges. From performances of basketball, wrestling moves car chases, to mayhem fueled adventure; you will be in the midst of its capture.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Thrives in fast paced environments
- Loves complex and creative problem solving
- Leads by example
- Motivates and inspires team members
- Thrives in fast paced environments, stays cool under pressure, and always looks for ways to improve efficiency
- You have a positive attitude, comradery, and are detail oriented
- You have operated a motion capture system
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- You constantly strive to keep abreast of the next generation of mocap pipelines and processes
- You take a hands-on approach to mocap acquisition pipelines. • You are comfortable interacting with talent and developers.
- Learn each step of our acquisition pipeline from shoot preparation to data QA, facial capture, operating the mocap system, Real Time operation, and virtual production
- Collaborate with the Stage Manager on Inspiring, motivating, and overseeing the motion capture stage team through their daily efforts
- Coordinate with point people for all our projects to ensure they are aware of upcoming deadlines, and that their shoot needs will be met
- Partner with other mocap departments to innovate, iterate, and improve efficiency of the acquisition pipeline
- Collaborate with the Stage Manager on delegating tasks for the stage team
- Assist with creating team schedules for shoots
- Help supervise the mocap stages when dual shoots occur.
- Attend pre-production meetings, assisting in oversight for the stage team
- Navigate a diverse group of personalities and backgrounds while maintaining a diplomatic and calm demeanor
- Maintain meticulous notes throughout the course of shoot days to help generate production reports and summaries
- Assist in training and onboarding new hires in collaboration with the Stage Manager and senior Mocap Stage Technicians
- B.F.A., B.A., or B.S. in 3D Animation, Motion Capture, or related field
- 4-6 years of Mocap Studio experience
- 2-3 years’ experience managing direct reports
- Highly collaborative and able to communicate clearly and tactfully
- Extremely well organized while coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to break down complicated goals into detailed, digestible, and clear content descriptions
- Experience operating a mocap system in Vicon, Motive, or equivalent software
- Familiar with motion capture processing software such as Vicon Shogun or Blade, Motive, or equivalent
- Some background in customer service is a plus!
- 4-6 years of Mocap Studio experience, specifically on the stage
- Knowledge Optitrack Motive or Vicon Blade with an emphasis on stage acquisition
- Some proficiency with the HSL scripting language, python, and basic database use is a plus
- Knowledge of motion capture setup, marker sets, and skel/vsk creation, including Vicon Shogun or Blade, Optitrack Motive, Autodesk MotionBuilder and Maya.