***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
As a Senior Character Artist, you will form the next generation of diverse and innovative characters through the creation of high and low poly models. Working with designers, engineers, and artists, you will establish pipelines and produce assets that are both beautiful and technically sound. Your ability to adapt in the face of artistic and technical challenges will push the team forward. Your knowledge of form, color, and design will bring life and energy to characters that will be loved by players for years to come. With passion for your craft and attention to detail, you will shape a fantastic new game that you and the team around you can be proud of.
- Consistently create high quality Character Art assets that satisfy both artistic and technical requirements
- Receive and provide art and design feedback based on high level direction
- Work closely with art leads
- Support the Art team through the construction of pipelines and style guides
- Improve your craft through collaboration and self-guided exploration
- Assist in character concept and design
- Mentor and train less experienced colleagues
- Produce high quality materials for presentation purposes.
- Play the game
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight, and silhouette
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, or similar 3D modeling software
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush
- Robust knowledge of game asset optimization and topology
- 5+ years of experience in the video games industry with 2+ shipped titles as a Character Artist
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- Strong understanding of clothing and hardware
- Proficient in Unreal 4 workflows and PBR pipelines using Substance Painter/Designer
- Basic knowledge of animation, with an eye for posing
- An extensive portfolio of high and low poly models, including advanced material and rendering samples.
- Strong communication skills and ability to illustrate ideas
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excel in highly collaborative, feedback driven environments
- Proactive about troubleshooting and problem solving
- Passion for games and game development
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
Please note that 31st Union and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. All correspondence will come from an official 31st Union or 2K domain account.