Who We Are:
2K Games Dublin is a hub focused on performance marketing, commercial strategy, data engineering and data science/analytics and is part of the 2K Games group of companies. 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics team. At 2K, data is the lifeblood of everything we do. We are a data driven organization providing data products and insights throughout the 2K organization and related companies. We work directly with a wide variety of stakeholders, from executive management to studio heads to analysts. We also partner in providing data to our players in the form of campaigns, promotions, and machine learning-based data products and recommendations.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Sr. Engineering Manager, you will be joining a team of Data Engineers and working closely with Visualization Engineers, Data Scientists, and leadership to deliver on the Data Engineering initiatives and align them with our strategic company OKRs. You will work primarily with our sales and marketing data pipelines and platforms.
Day to day activities will include:
- Ingesting third party data into our data lake and warehouse. You will work with different vendor APIs and services.
- Working with vendor partners to understand the data they are providing, and document the data sets, lineage, and flows.
- Designing and building data models to support Data Science, Business Intelligence, and downstream data sets.
- Monitoring the data pipelines and communicating any issues to leadership and stakeholders.
- Supporting the needs of downstream sales and marketing systems.
- Working closely with business partners and developers to ensure proper requirements are documented and agreed to for our different initiatives.
- Partnering with developers and leadership to coordinate cross-function and cross-team efforts across 2K and related companies.
What Skills You Have:
- Four or more years of professional experience as a Data Engineer.
- You have demonstrated experience building data pipelines and data products at scale in a fast-paced environment.
- You are an expert developer using SQL and SQL-like query languages.
- You understand the nuances between the different SQL engines in a big data environment.
- You have a strong understanding of different data modelling methodologies (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault). You understand when to apply the correct modelling techniques to solve different problems on different technologies in our stack.
- You are proficient in Python and have experience organizing Python-based projects.
- You have experience with both proprietary and open source big data technologies and platforms (Snowflake, Vertica, Hive, Spark, Presto, Airflow).
- You have worked in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- You have experience defining and creating automated unit and integration testing frameworks for data projects.
- You have a functional understanding of different privacy and compliance practices around data (GDPR, CCPA).
- You are detail oriented and extremely organised.
- You have experience working with multiple teams, competing priorities, and geographically distributed stakeholders and partners.
- You are focused on business results. You can ruthlessly prioritize and set the proper expectations with partners and stakeholders.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are able to tailor your communication for different audiences and ensure effective communication between developers, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Technically not a "skill", but, you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ.
- You have worked in the video game and/or entertainment and media industries.