JOB TITLE: Lead Cinematic Editor
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Associate Art Director
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced filmmaker for the position of a Lead Cinematic Editor who will contribute with his/her knowledge, leadership, ideas, motivation, and skills to create next gen cinematics for our AAA game projects.
The Lead Cinematic Editor uses his experience of visual storytelling to guide and feedback our team of cinematic editors to create high quality cinematic sequences. Editors arrange characters and animation, camera, composition, lighting, and editing. This means working with narrative, motion capture, art, design, audio, and animation teams to take a scene from screenplay to final breath-taking mood and look in the quality close to the biggest blockbusters.
What You Will Do:
- Create outstanding and memorable cinematics.
- Develop the cinematic vision in collaboration with the art director.
- Review and feedback your team’s work.
- Participate in and drive meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team.
- Work closely with the production team in creating schedules for the media department and outsourcing studios.
- Guide and motivate your team to grow artistically and continuously improve their skills.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong audiovisual narrative abilities.
- Leadership experience
- Previous work as a Senior / Lead Cinematic Editor for at least one shipped AAA game
- Excellent understanding of film language and cinematography techniques
- Strong sense of composition, light, and color theory
- Strong Sense of timing and pacing
- Experience in directing/editing/camera (film, games, VFX, etc.)
- Constructive (self)critical attitude
- Perfect written and spoken English
- Passion for videogames and storytelling
- Problem solving attitude
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of postproduction tools (Adobe After Effect, Nuke, DaVinci Resolve, etc.)
- Experience with 3D graphics program or game engine (Maya/3ds Max, Blender, Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Strong animation background
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.