We are looking for an industry leader who has experience building, organizing, and managing large distributed teams that deliver hit AAA titles and establish successful franchises. Our goal is to find someone who will be a positive presence in the studio; an exceptional communicator who can institute global development best-practices.
Reporting to our Global Studio Head you will be responsible for establishing industry-leading game development best practices for all projects studio-wide, from inception through launch, and beyond.
You will lead the Global Development Team, setting a strong studio vision, strategy, and operational model. You will partner with the project Creative Director to define and implement development methodology, with a particular focus on cross-site working practices.
At Cloud Chamber we put people first. In your role as Head of Development it will be important that you foster a strong sense of culture and community within the studio; encourage mentorship, knowledge sharing, and skills development by providing learning and development opportunities for the team.
- Oversee the building of the production and development teams for all projects, owning performance management, career development and mentorship for Directors and Leads
- Be a visible face of the studio in presenting updates to 2K executives and representing the studio’s efforts and achievements
- Own high-level reporting for studio KPIs (established with the Global Studio Head and Director of Studio Operations)
- Unify processes across projects where possible and identify areas where bespoke methodology is required
- Work closely with project Executive Producers and Creative Directors to ensure requirements are understood and supported at the studio level
- Ensure intra-team needs and dependencies are identified on a milestone-to-milestone basis
- Update the Director of Studio Operations on changing resource requirements across projects
- Travel, both domestic and international, will be required (whenever we are able to do that again)
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
A dynamic individual who can oversee the development pipeline for our global studio’s locations in Montreal, QC and Novato, California. You are resourceful, enthusiastic, and self-motivated. You are a positive leader helping set an example for your team.
- 10+ years’ experience in internal game development in a Lead, Director or Executive production role
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Shipped 3+ large-scale AAA games
- AAA console and PC development experience, from concept to ship
- Experience working with global cross-site teams
- Credible, confident, and articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence
- Proven ability to build teams from the ground up, or substantially expand existing teams
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by Studio Head
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation support
- Experience working in startups or early-stage teams a plus
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.