Who We Are:
Mass Media is the premier engineering group for 2K Publishing’s Global Services. Since 1995, we’ve developed deep and varied engineering expertise in the video game industry. Whether its platform optimization, multiplayer/networking, rendering, console certification, tools and pipelines - we’ve done it all. As part of 2K, we’ve contributed to most major titles in the past 5 years including Evolve, Mafia, XCOM, Borderlands, BioShock, and more.
Because we are a part of 2K’s Global Services, we are at the heart of all our games. We provide the engineering to support the matrix of platforms and storefronts of today, innovative technical solutions to the problems of tomorrow, and the connective tissue across the 2K studios. In short, when some of the best studios in the world have needs, we can answer the call.
What We Need:
- We’re looking for a veteran engineer who can look at a piece of concept art, or hear an art director’s pitch, and translate that into rendering code, shaders, and systems.
- An engineer that is comfortable designing new tools and systems that can integrate in new or existing engines.
- An engineer that can jump into an existing code base, identify platform-specific rendering bottlenecks, and optimize them
- Most importantly, we’re looking for a team player with strong integrity, interpersonal, and organizational skills
What You Will Do:
- Modify core shaders and develop new rendering technologies
- Perform platform-specific optimizations to achieve target framerates
- Integrate internally developed or third party solutions to solve rendering-related problems
- Consult with game teams to assess technical requirements and areas of improvement
- Identify industry trends in rendering, identify potential areas of investment for future R&D
- Work in a mixed internal, distributed, and outsourced team
What You Bring:
- 7 years of industry or related experience with 3-5 years of that being in a senior graphics/rendering engineering role
- 2 or more published titles
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong C/C++ and optimization experience
- Current and Next-Gen console experience
- Strong understanding and familiarity with current Unreal Engine technology
- Exposure to third-party content creation tools like 3dsMax, Maya, Substance Painter, and Z-Brush in terms of how they can function in a graphics pipeline.