***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
As a Senior Environment Concept Artist, you will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for the project. You are a strong and seasoned designer with excellent conceptual art skills and sensibilities. You will be collaborating directly with the Art Director, Environment Art Lead, key stakeholders, and visual designers to set the look and feel for our project. You will work proactively with others in all visual art disciplines to help provide visual solutions that supports gameplay, narrative, and art direction needs. We love games that play well and look great; together we will set the stage for a rich and stunning world filled with diverse characters and environments.
- Concept, iterate, and produce visual assets for all stages of environment development from pre-viz sketches and paintings to polished marketing materials
- Partner with Production and Art Leadership and contribute to high-level execution plans
- Develop great looking environments with artistic sensibilities that also balance game design, narrative, and technical boundaries. Other responsibilities may include weapons, props, and vehicles
- Research, design, and champion new visual storytelling and landmarking ideas for the maps
- Work with the Art Department to establish and craft clear style guides that speak to the Art Direction and provide clear instructional guides for the art team to use as resources
- Mentor and help fellow artists grow artistically and professionally
- Improve on personal and professional knowledge an industry’s trends
- 6 years relevant game studio or freelance experience
- Ability to create well thought out environment design with the right style that translates well into 3D models
- Excellent eye for architecture, natural landscapes, hard surface and technology, color, lighting, composition, and overall design skills
- Ability to take direction and engage in constructive brainstorming with the team
- Strong stylized environment designer who can demonstrate great artistic sensibilities to create artwork to inspire and to inform the direction for our project
- Good understanding of real time specific art requirements, especially on lighting.
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications like Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Online portfolio is a must. Portfolios should show stylized work with awesome inspirational environment designs. Please include development sketches and markups in addition to more refined, polished, and fully realized environment designs
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
- Passion for games!
- Able to produce concepts for characters, storyboards, and graphics in addition to environment work
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment
- Experience working in Unreal, Unity, or other game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines like Perforce, Jira or Shotgun
- Ability to leverage 3D applications like Maya, Modo, SketchUp and Blender
- AAA Game Development experience