***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
As a Senior Materials Tech Artist at 31st Union, your passion, knowledge and experience will be integral to the look and style of a new generation of player driven experiences derived by your ability to create high-quality materials and textures that bring life to the worlds we build. With technical skill and artistic understanding, you will help us build a strong layered material pipeline to be used by material artists.
- Work closely with the key contributors to construct, oversee and maintain the material pipeline.
- Develop, research and maintain material features to meet the needs of the art direction.
- Author clear, maintainable, performant and well documented material node graphs and code.
- Work with engineering and artists to optimize for scalable performance while still pushing the boundaries of visual quality.
- Collaborate with material artists to ensure smooth feature rollouts and well authored assets.
- Collaborate with designers and other development teams to understand and meet content creator needs of the game.
You’re an experienced Tech Artist with a strong understanding of the technical foundations behind visually stunning textures and materials in a physically-based rendering pipeline / rendering pipelines in general. You are proficient at creating both stylized and PBR materials/shaders using node-based material editors, tiled layered material systems, shader networks, procedural texturing, and HLSL code. You have a strong understanding of console, PC and mobile platforms, and how to scale materials to optimize for each. You possess a keen ability to communicate and collaborate across disciplines sharing ideas and articulating visions. You are inspired by growth and excellence and thrive on sharing your knowledge with your teammates while continually honing your craft. Iterating, communicating and creating together is what drives your passion for art and games. You’re familiar in all the tools, techniques and asset creation pipelines: UE4, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, modeling, baking, texturing.
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
Please note that 31st Union and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. All correspondence will come from an official 31st Union or 2K domain account.