CINEMATIC LEAD/DIRECTOR – FIRAXIS GAMES
Firaxis Games is looking for a talented Cinematic Director for a brand new exciting AAA Title. This is an opportunity to join an established team behind some of the industry’s most beloved franchises such as the XCOM and the Civilization series.
What is the role?
The Cinematic Lead/Director possesses a mix of both creative and technical expertise. You will work closely with the Narrative Director to help define and execute in-game cinematics and interactive cinematic moments both with an internal team and external partners. As part of the Narrative Team you will help ensure that the highest quality standards of tone, visual style, performance, and animations are met across all key cinematic beats. You will also work with the Cinematics producer to facilitate communication between the internal team and external partners, ensuring the best possible quality within time and budget.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Passion, talent, and experience in visual storytelling. Lives and breathes film, TV, and interactive cinematic techniques.
- The ability to interpret and build upon storyboards, generate previs, and stage and block a scene.
- An eye for shot composition, lighting, editing, animation, and VFX. Has an ear for audio.
- Unify feedback from key stakeholders and provide clear direction to both internal and external teams. Is the bridge between all disciplines in effectively conveying the narrate vision within the cinematic pipeline.
- A clear understanding of what it takes to make a high quality real time cinematic experience.
- At least 5 years working on CG cinematic experiences in a lead or directorial role.
- Proficiency in Unreal and/or other game engines.
- Experience working with external partner studios.
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of cinematography and pacing.
- A clear understanding of cinematic pipelines and processes.
- Creative problem solving and multi-tasking.
Nice to haves:
- A deep love and understanding of video games.
- Previous Storyboarding and previs experience.
- Experience directing Voice Actors.
- Experience with mocap and mocap direction.
- A love of story and passion for storytelling in games.