Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet, including Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Evolve, XCOM, and Sid Meier's Civilization. The Brand Marketing Team is comprised of experienced, award-winning marketing and brand professionals working together and across the company to create innovative campaigns for 2K's latest games.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a Senior Brand Manager to join its core game team to drive global marketing for our Gearbox projects. The ideal candidate will have expertise in developing blockbuster entertainment brand strategies, global marketing execution, and experience managing live service products in gaming or other entertainment sectors. This role is positioned within the Global Brand Management team and will report to the Director, Global Marketing. From a place of both art and science, the Senior Brand Manager will work collaboratively to create innovative global marketing programs with cross-functional publishing teams, development teams, external agencies, and studio leadership based on key consumer insights and established KPIs for the businesses.
What You Will Do:
This is a highly collaborative role. You will work closely with the Development Studio and Global Publishing partners to develop and execute insights-driven global brand marketing strategies from initial concept inception through development, launch, and beyond, maximizing long-term acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Set global marketing and brand strategies, defining target audience, product positioning, and franchise key performance indicators overseeing the tracking and analysis of marketing program returns.
- Immerse yourself in our brands and act as a franchise evangelist to inspire our internal and external partners to innovate, develop, and drive amazing marketing programs.
- Lead marketing teams to brief and guide campaign development process and ensure campaigns are on brand and set up to deliver the marketing and business targets globally.
- Drive the marketing collaboration process that evaluates metrics, flags opportunities/risks, and drives org to solutions that foster acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Define and develop the customer journey across the marketing ecosystem, collaborating with commercial, product development, and marketing teams to deliver on-going brand experiences.
- Provide product / competitive expertise for Development, Marketing, and Publishing teams.
- Manage briefs for brand creative strategy and development, including digital content, websites, key art, packaging, advertising creative (digital and TV), trailers, social media, sales support materials, events/activations, web, and point-of-sale materials.
- Partner with creative agencies and in-house creative departments in the development and flawless execution of marketing plans, creative assets, campaigns, and programs.
- Partner with in-house and external public relations & community teams in developing comms strategy/execution.
- Maximize retail marketing effectiveness in conjunction with Channel Marketing teams and sales teams.
- Manage relationships with all other internal stakeholders across studios, publishing, and all other cross-functional teams to ensure full team collaboration and alignment against the goals of products, campaigns, and programs.
- Analyze project performance data, including consumer sales and in-game engagement data, to identify opportunities and challenges, then create strategies and tactics to drive results.
- Manage brand marketing budget; authorize, manage, and track expenditures.
- Manage the day-to-day communication of internal and external creative partners and help steer all creative materials' approval process.
- Project tracking, maintaining & updating deliverable dates to ensure timely delivery of global marketing materials.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
If you're an innovative, creative, and collaborative marketer looking for your next challenge, you might be the right fit for 2K's team of award-winning brand marketers. You'll love bringing consumer insights to life with innovative programs that will delight our fans who will share your work with their friends. You'll enjoy working across all the marketing disciplines and development teams and orchestrating execution excellence.
- Strong presentation creation and presenting skills.
- Proven leader of cross-functional marketing execution teams.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years consumer product marketing experience with a demonstrated track record of planning & executing creative marketing programs globally, preferably digital-focused.
- Experience developing, presenting, and launching PC/Console game title brand strategies and roll out plans.
- Creative thinker and strategist with the ability to think ahead, self-prioritize effectively and contribute cross-functionally.
- Live service background and understanding of player acquisition and long-term retention.
- Understanding of games-as-a-service, virtual goods, and emerging technologies and trends.
- Impeccable project management skills and a high degree of comfort in managing multiple projects.
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication/presentation skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively across a number of internal, external, and international teams.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, extremely organized, and detail-oriented.
- Moderate travel required (industry events, developer visits, sales support / satellite office meetings.)