Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Character Modeler to work with one of our upcoming project teams. As a Character Modeler, you will be working closely with the Lead Character Artist to create high quality characters that match the look and feel of the game. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below.
- 2+ years of game development experience modeling and texturing characters using ZBrush, Maya, and Substance Painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- A solid understanding of form, silhouette, anatomy, and color.
- Strong portfolio showcasing in-game characters
- Solid understanding of texturing, material creation, and PBR (physically based rendering) workflows
- Experience with next generation hair creation a plus
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a great team-player
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- A passion for making games
- Must have current U.S. work authorization
- Relocation assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly work environment
- And much more!