At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you passionate about high-quality, realistic characters? Are you highly experienced in 3D development and pipelines? Does the challenge of capturing the larger-than-life personas and wild costumes of professional wrestling sound amazing? If so, let’s connect—we have a job for you!
Our Budapest studio is seeking an experienced Character Artist to join our team. In this role, you’ll work closely with other artists, designers, tech artists, graphics engineers and our art director to help create the most astonishingly lifelike WWE Superstars ever seen in a game. You’ll not only recreate amazing Superstar likenesses, you’ll build varied costumes, accessories, gimmicks and hairstyles that enable players to customize and create their own one-of-a-kind celebrity of sports entertainment.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game franchise with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology.
What You Will Do:
- Sculpt, model, UV, texture, and create materials for AAA quality, photo-realistic WWE characters
- Surface and author materials in a PBR workflow
- Work in an approval pipeline with contractors and assets that have been produced by external vendors
- Work closely with Art and Character leadership to achieve amazing standards
- 3+ years of experience as a Character Artist in the games or film industries
- Skilled in every aspect of character creation using Zbrush and Maya/Max
- Strong technical skills with experience in real-time character pipelines and efficient management of UVs and texture memory
- Thorough understanding of rigging and articulation, including how topology influences deformation
- Self-aware, life learner, always keeping up with latest technology, workflow tips and tools
- Can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline, and equally work with minimal instruction if needed
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Strong knowledge of anatomy
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to, figure drawing
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.