At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you have a passion for storytelling through your artwork? Do you take pride in your creations and thrive in a collaborative environment? Do you enjoy exploring new techniques, problem solving, and thinking outside the box? Do you have a desire to learn, improve and hone your skills? If so, we want to talk to you!
Our Budapest studio is seeking an experienced 3D Artist (props) to join our team. This position will work closely with other artists, animators, designers, and engineers to model visually striking elements for the WWE 2K franchise. As a 3D Artist, you will model, texture, rig, skin, create collision, and setup destruction. We are constantly challenging ourselves to push boundaries and looking for someone who is equally motivated and passionate about making high quality games!
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Lead Prop Artist, Art Director, and Environment Team to create high quality game assets, that are consistent with the game’s visual target
- Work with Animators, Designers, and Engineers to ensure that props and weapons follow specifications and functionality requirements
- Pilot new methods using photogrammetry and other advanced techniques to produce the best-looking assets possible
- Create spec sheets and style guides for outsource that clearly state the vision for assets; review deliverables, providing concise feedback if needed, and implementing the final product
- Rig objects for physical simulation
- Ensure that assets are optimized for target platforms while retaining artistic integrity
- Provide estimates, manage time, and hit deadlines to stay on track with set schedules and tasks
- 4+ years of experience with console games as an Environment Artist or similar role
- Proficient in the creation of high-quality assets using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Experience creating physically based materials
- Strong technical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and work efficiently within a game pipeline
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to maintain high quality assets with consistency without continuous supervision
- Familiarity with asset tracking tools like Perforce, JIRA, and Shotgun
- Experience with creating collision for physics assets
- Experience rigging and skinning assets in Maya
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback to outsourcers
- Passion for video game development