JOB TITLE: Facilities Manager
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is seeking a Facilities Manager, for our Brighton studio, who is full of personality, self-sufficient, confident and has a can-do attitude. The Facilities Manager will be reporting to Director of Operations and be responsible for helping to manage and maintain all aspects of facilities, utilities, security, access control, asset relocation and Health & Safety; ensuring a clean, functioning, and comfortable working environment is provided. This includes preventative action for building repairs and maintenance checks, as well as assisting in managing any outsourced third-party facilities service providers and liaising with the Landlord’s security, facilities and building management team.
This hands-on role will require excellent admin skills for tasks such as acquiring quotes, completing health & safety documentation and ensuring vendor POs are raised, as well as any ad-hoc work asked of you by the Operations Director or other members of the team. Weekend work may be required during busy periods, as well as out of hours callouts which may involve responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise, and personally rectifying them until a third-party contractor can attend site.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure all facilities for the team are in a suitable working order, arranging and assisting with repairs where necessary
- Manage and schedule the on-going maintenance and servicing of the facilities (hard and soft), liaising with existing vendors, as well as setting up contracts with new suppliers
- Order and maintain stock of all resources for the studio, including but not limited to first aid and fire safety supplies and signage; tools for facilities and IT; stationery; packaging; and furniture
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are maintained and followed, with compliances met
- Manage the sustainability plan for the studio; maintaining general office cleanup, including removing unused and unwanted items by either donating, disposing, recycling, or storing and maintaining the waste and recycle management processes.
- Assist with office moves, layout structure and asset relocation as required
- Assist with event setup, onsite and offsite, when required
- Ensure safety for all visitors and employees by enforcing security protocols and overseeing all areas of the studio, including kitchens, offices, meeting room, and equipment.
- Ensure safeguarding measures are in place and have been met for all visitors, staff and contractors coming to the studio and that cleaning regimes are in place.
- Compile and arrange risk assessments as and when required, completing action points in a timely manner and liaising with third-party contractors
- Assist with any ad-hoc work as and when required (including supporting and covering duties during absence of other Operation colleagues)
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Experience in a facilities or customer service role, ideally within a creative environment
- Strong skills in MS Office 365 Applications, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the web-based applications
- Effective time management, ability to multi-task and prioritise according to staff and project needs
- Resourcefulness and flexibility working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a calm demeanor under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and demonstrate a high level of teamwork, organisational skill and customer service
- Effective communicator both written and verbal, with great attention to detail and a dedication to excellence and high standards of quality
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Health and Safety knowledge and familiarity with DSE reporting and assessment
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of personalities at all organizational levels
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Strong social skills
- Training in manual handling, first aid and fire safety
- Practical, hands-on experience with knowledge of building maintenance and all elements of M&E
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.