At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you the kind of engineer who focuses first on laying solid foundations? Do you get satisfaction from enabling every moment of gameplay, from first prototypes to final performance, polish and technical finish? Are you methodical? Do you think long-term, plan for the future, and love knowing the ins and outs of an extensive code base? If you’re an engineer who is used to having your hands in everything, and who loves creating and improving the core systems that drive all aspects of gameplay, we want to talk to you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and efficient design. In this role, you will collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and artists to develop and support robust game systems and tools to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever!
What You Will Do:
- Drive development of our game systems, tools, and pipelines
- Develop, implement, and debug code for UI/UX systems and tools
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to code quality, performance, stability, and extensibility of the UI/UX systems
- Collaborate with content creators to improve workflows and efficiency
- Dive into a large codebase to simplify processes, solve challenges, and identify deficiencies
- Work in an Agile environment to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years of experience in game development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in C/C++ and object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of multi-threading concepts
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience in low-level tech, engines, core systems and libraries
- Experience writing multi-threaded code
- Proficient in 3D mathematics
- Shipped game titles, preferably on console
- Passion for video games
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.