JOB TITLE: Associate Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an Associate Systems Engineer to help with developing competitive in-house game engine.
What You Will Do:
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system, navigation, physics integration and more
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience developing for games; preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- At least one shipped AAA game
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on core systems
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Good knowledge in C++
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Open world games experience
- Experience with Xbox One and PS4
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.