Visual Concepts, which was founded in 1988, is one of the world’s top game development studios. We have offices in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea. While we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim, we are best known for the 2K franchise of sports games, particularly NBA 2K and WWE 2K.
Most recently we have shipped NBA 2K20 to rave reviews. ”NBA 2K20 is the most visually appealing version of the series since NBA 2K14.” [Forbes.com NBA 2K20 Review]. “NBA 2K20’s stellar A/V package is rapidly approaching what can be seen on television, and that really is a remarkable accomplishment.” [IGN NBA 2K20 Review].
Come join some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry in a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We are committed to technical innovation and excellence.
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented 3D artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation, and a mature skill set. He/she defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game assets, works closely with the graphics department, contributes to creation of texturing, modeling, lighting, participates in the creation of next generation experimental features, and is mainly responsible for perfect quality of visually compelling environments and elements.
What You Will Do:
- Precise creation of the best possible models, textures, and additional assets
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Maintaining the finished models throughout the life-span of the project
- Work with development team to prioritize and develop procedural assets to streamline art processes, workflows, and pipelines
- Proactively research and prototype new techniques to improve efficiency of content production
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in game industry or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience with Maya
- 1+ years of experience with Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Ability to set up atmosphere in scenes (environmental effects, lighting)
- Experience with character rigging and animation
- Ability to work with space, dimensions and composition
- High school or university degree at Graphic Arts
- Knowledge of drawing or painting in a classic technique
- Minimum one released project
- Has an online portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
Bonus, If You Also Have:
- Aptitude for 2D design (UI, logos, icons)
- Worked on shader creation
- Experience with Mel/Python scripting
- Lead a team of artists or were the expert of a specific area
- Familiarity with Perforce
- A passion for video games