At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our UI Teams is independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Who We Are:
We are a close knit team of visual designers, motionographers, graphic designers, and technical user interface artists responsible for developing the UI/UX and presentation for the critically acclaimed NBA2K video game franchise. We are proud of our diversity and we have a passion for video games, UI/UX, and all things related to art in the entertainment industry. At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play.
What We Need:
Our Budapest studio is looking for a Full Time UI game artist who can interface well with our core team in Novato, CA. We are seeking an experienced UI / UX artist with basic experience using 3D software tools.
- Communication and follow up is essential when interfacing with our California team. We are looking for someone who can be autonomous and pro-active
- Proficient in Maya and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Technically capable to troubleshoot your way through proprietary tools
- A strong work ethic is essential – willing to go the extra mile to meet a deadline and to create exceptional work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. Again, communicative!
What You Will Do:
You will be implementing premade visual designs into our game engine using Maya and internal assembly tools. If you have a knack for creating your own visual designs, even better! We are looking for an artist to join other Senior UI designers to bounce ideas off and offer a fresh perspective.
- Craft UI elements with an emphasis in modularity. Organized and detailed
- Work closely with team of UI Artists, programmers, and game designers
- Help problem solve technical hurdles of tools and improve our pipelines
- Communicate and collaborate with peers and game designers
- Be autonomous and construct art efficiently for implementation
- Adapt and work in our proprietary tools and engine
Bonus points goes to any additional craft skills such as motion graphics, modeling, prototyping and more. The more skillsets you bring to the table, the more we can use you, so if you are interested in joining a diverse and multi-talented UI team, we would appreciate the chance to meet you!
- Motion graphics or interactive animation experience
- Prototyping in Adobe XD, Figma, etc.
- Is an avid gamer. We make games and we also play them!
Only Candidates with an online Portfolio or REEL will be considered.
This position is based in Budapest. Please be legally able to work in Hungary.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.