At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you have a knack for asking the right questions about product performance? Love to satisfy your intuition by looking at player data to find patterns, extract themes, and guide teams to build better experiences? Want to work on a game played by millions, and see your efforts drive high-impact live updates that build thriving player communities? Do you have the innate curiosity to explore, investigate, and share player insights? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking to hire a Data Engineer to work with our designers, programmers, and producers to transform player behavior data into actionable insights improving the overall player gameplay experience. Our games are enjoyed by millions of players so you will have a rich dataset to play with and a direct path to drive and implement meaningful changes.
What You Will Do:
- Create statistical models that can predict and analyze player behavior, optimize engagement, and inform post-launch feature creation.
- Using created statistical models and analyses, interpret the underlying story to answer business and game design questions.
- Develop code to facilitate statistical queries and implement hooks to improve data gathering techniques.
- Work closely with development teams to provide insights into game quality, difficulty, and fun.
- Establish and distribute regular performance reports based on telemetry and advanced models.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine project needs and analytics requirements.
- Maintain data integrity and resolve issues found with incorrect or incomplete datasets.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data mining & analytics, building models with very large, complex and multi-dimensional data sets.
- Minimum of 1 year of basic programming experience with C++, and able to demonstrate C++ coding proficiency.
- Expert in relational databases and SQL data carpentry.
- Experience with varied data modeling approaches.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills to effectively present, explain, influence, and advise within cross-functional teams.
- Video games industry experience and/or gaming familiarity.
- WWE knowledge and familiarity a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, DeltaDNA, Perforce, and Confluence.
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in use of R or Python machine learning and related modules.