Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you love the thought of building technology features that connect players worldwide? Do you have the technical experience to deliver ambitious new game systems and perfect existing ones? Do you enjoy having the autonomy to use your experience, judgment and problem solving abilities to overcome a variety of challenges? If so, wow, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced Online Engineer capable of working with our online team to build impactful features and services for both players and developers. You will work closely with technical leads, product owners, and producers to create the best possible experience for our passionate fanbase.
What You Will Do:
- Create and contribute to online systems like matchmaking, gameplay, automated testing, live operations, community content management, stability, performance, and more
- Work closely with our backend services team to represent game team interests and requirements.
- Represent concerns such as security, scalability and standard conformity to game teams
- Work with teach leadership to ensure that developed code meets the highest standards
- Collaborate with team members and point out ways to improve design implementation
- Develop code to facilitate statistical queries and implement hooks to improve data-gathering and player insights
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Fluent knowledge of C++
- A keen, analytical mind with strong problem solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
- 3+ years of experience on commercial game projects or in a related field
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Familiar with AWS, Python, C#, and SQL
- Passion for games and great user experiences
- Previous experience with JIRA and Perforce.
- History of shipping successful online games or applications
- Previous experience in maintaining and improving online stability and performance
- Proven ability to work and communicate with teams both local and remote
- Experience working with PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.