At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you love game production, tracking, tools and techniques? Are you constantly improving? On a never-ending quest for operational excellence? Enjoy helping teams along the same journey? Do you mind the details, catch things that fall through the cracks, follow through on commitments, create transparency, and build lasting relationships? If you always have something to say when it comes to improving team impact with lightweight structure, process and transparency, we should talk!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for an Operations Producer to help us measure and improve development practices, and manage relationships with our publishing partners, co-developers and stakeholders. You’ll own tracking and reporting of our production progress, implementing systems to measure and predict development velocity, empowering teams with information they need to make investments and tradeoffs. You’ll build relationships with our partners and co-developers, tracking and following through on commitments in both directions. You’ll be instrumental in improving our processes while maintaining an informal, collaborative and inventive culture.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain a constant snapshot of project scope, objectives and committed features
- Generate progress reports and burn downs; quantify velocity across multiple pods
- Provide project updates to stakeholders about game-wide initiatives, progress, changes, and risks
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers; assign tasks and communicate expectations
- Administer milestone reviews, payment approvals, and publishing phase reviews
- Utilize and improve on industry best practices and standards throughout the entire project
- Ensure production methodology is applied consistently team-wide
- Troubleshoot, identify, and quickly resolve production issues and/or inefficiencies
- Four or more years of game production experience
- One or more shipped games with significant scope of ownership
- Outstanding project management capabilities, documentation, tracking and transparency
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Organized, excellent communication skills, passion for games, collaborative demeanor
- Deep experience with JIRA
- Project management certifications
- Outsourcing management
- Data visualization