Who We Are:
2K includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as: Bioshock, Borderlands, NBA2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Mafia, XCOM, and WWE2K.
What We Need:
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to support our partner company, Proletariat, for the first year as a 2K employee. After completing the assignment at Proletariat, you will rotate back into a 2K business group supporting the creation of industry leading video games. Proletariat was founded in 2012 by a group of game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac Games. With its location in Boston, the company is pushing the boundaries of multiplayer games with its unique studio. The position will guide central products to effectively address the needs of multiple studios, games, external partners and publishing groups. Process our game team needs, write briefs, outline user stories, craft exemplary user experiences, work closely with quality assurance and deliver exceptional value to the teams with smooth pilot programs and onboarding. We’re looking for a team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to navigate our complex and fast-paced environment, and an absolute passion for getting things done. This unique position/person will be a 2K employee, working in Boston, MA, and will support Proletariat.
What You Will Do:
- Translate business goals into product and services roadmaps
- Identify business benefits and user adoption metrics
- Prioritize team backlogs and facilitate release planning
- Provide tracking and analysis of program returns
- Define, prioritize and measure KPIs and ROI against the product roadmap
- Work with internal and external development teams, ensuring customer needs are translated into solutions that deliver on those needs
- Identify, establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Regularly and proactively communicate product roadmap and progress to key stakeholders
- Create, design, and execute internal marketing plans for upcoming releases of technology and services
- Management of internal legal and financial process
- Minimal travel may be required (industry events, developer visits, office meetings)
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor's degree with progressively responsible product management experience.
- PDMA and/or Pragmatic Marketing certifications are a plus.
- Veteran in technical tools and creative services for video game development.
- Experience in evangelizing group solutions.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to interact, influence and align with all levels of the organization; both internal and external.
- Experience working with external development teams to efficient and successful delivery of products.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong product management skills with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Familiarity with agile development and tools