Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired graphics programmer to join its team. The ideal candidate would have experience in real-time graphics fields and several shipped games. If robust HDR display support, advanced screen-space reflections, ambient occlusion, volumetric fog and virtual texturing excite you, please apply now.
- Contribute significantly to the visual fidelity and efficient rendering of our cross-platform title
- Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our game
- Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry
- Strong C++ programming and debugging experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about computer graphics
- Thorough understanding of basic graphics techniques such as lighting, shadow mapping, light mapping, anti-aliasing, skinning, etc.
- Knowledge of shading languages such as HLSL, GLSL or Metal Shading Language
- Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members
- Understanding of complex relationship between written code and its execution on underlying hardware
- 3+ years industry experience
- Ability to optimize code (memory/speed) to maximize the capabilities of each platform including multi-threading.
- Ability to profile and optimize GPU code
- In-depth knowledge of, and ability to improve upon, modern rendering techniques
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Experience with current console systems a plus