Test CoreTech tools and pipelines to ensure these remain valid and function correctly throughout the development lifecycle. Reports to the Lead and/or QA Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate to develop and execute test plans, understand risk-based testing,
• Complete testing tasks in a timely manner.
• Identify defects and verify fixes within bespoke tools & products
• Enter clear and concise bugs into the bug-tracking database.
• Help identify and prioritize bug-fixes needed for future tools releases
• Test fixes for programmers and designers.
• Reproduce issues for programmers and designers.
• Available to work OT and weekends when necessary.
• Work closely with other QA members and the development team as a whole.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• A passion for giving gamers amazing customer experiences
• An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
• Technically proficient with PC’s and gaming consoles
• Basic experience in at least one scripted or compiled language. e.g. python, shell, Java, C++, C#, php
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software
• Basic understanding of source control.
• Ability to learn new toolsets quickly.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum age of 18 years and above.
• 1+ year of QA experience
• Experience using Windows, and MS Office
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and schedule demands in a fluid environment
• Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
• Familiarity with other scripted and compiled languages e.g. python, shell, Java, C++, C#, php
• Knowledge of commercial online game platforms (e.g. Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Steam)
• Jenkins or similar continuous deployment tools