Test game creation tools, pipelines and results to ensure these remain valid and function correctly throughout the development lifecycle. Reports to the Lead and/or QA Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily testing of tools in a timely manner.
- Identify defects and verify fixes within bespoke tools.
- Follow and maintain existing test plans, as well as creating new ones.
- Enter clear and concise bugs into the bug-tracking database.
- Help identify and prioritize bug-fixes needed for future tools releases
- Test fixes for programmers and designers.
- Reproduce issues for programmers and designers.
- Available to work OT and weekends when necessary.
- Work closely with other QA members and the development team as a whole
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with 3D world building toolsets. Eg: Unreal, Source, Unity, Cryengine, etc
- Technically proficient with PC’s and gaming consoles
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software
- Basic understanding of source control
- Ability to learn new toolsets quickly
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- 1+ year of QA experience
- Experience using Windows, and MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and schedule demands in a fluid environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs
- Atlassian Jira /Confluence, Seapine TestTrack Pro
- Wiki / HTML editing
- QA work experience in a development studio environment
- Experience with PS4 / Xbox One in a development environment
- Microsoft Visual Studio - Debugging, compilation and conflict resolution
- Code literacy (ability to read and understand the general thrust of code, if not the exact means of execution)