About the  7 Design Studio
The mission of the Design Studio is to advance the state of the art in customer experience through exceptional design.  7 are a pre-IPO company backed by Sequoia. We provide the cloud platform and applications to automate customer interactions across channels, devices, self-service and assisted service.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Principal User Experience Designer who can create the next generation of user interfaces for 247 Voice Products.
- Responsible for defining and solving the most complex design problems across 7 and the industry. Your role is to define, deploy and institutionalize new user experience design strategy at 7.
- Maintain an authority in 7 design standards, product development practice and possess a detailed technical and business understanding of products and product design.
- Design evangelist with the ability to forecast and assess industry trends and their impact on 7’s product design alternatives.
- Oversee the development of policies, procedures and objectives for design, and establish priorities, standards, and procedures for technical or functional areas.
- Oversee the successful execution of strategic design projects, influencing company-wide development direction based on your assessment of industry trends and direction.
- Develop short and long-term plans in collaboration with senior management, and meet the overall Design Studio design, product, and operational goals of the company (KRAs).
- Demonstrate and communicate the value and return on investment on user centered design efforts to business leaders and stakeholders.
- Accountable for establishing design guidelines, best practices and developing standards for adoption across 7.
- Provide implementation guidelines, provide periodic review of integration/implementation plans; and may leverage members of the design team to assist you in this endeavor.
- Accountable for the ultimate success of your vision as manifested through successful incorporation in the product and, or process.
- Ensure your strategic endeavors reinforce, and ultimately fulfill the annual design, product, and operations goals.
- On design matters, you represent 7. You champion the work of the Design Studio across 7 and shape the future of the design community through mentoring and communicating best practices.
- Proactive in identifying internal and external opportunities toward the creation of design patterns and fulfillment of the brand promise through the user experience design.
- Thought leader and represent 7 on industry panels; and present the work of the Design Studio to 7 executives and customers.
- Build strong relationships within the Design Studio aswell as the product development and delivery teams. Demonstrate an ability to effectively work within the organization and cross functionally with senior management and company leaders to effectively propagate your ideas.
- You think and plan strategically, with overall business success in mind. You are proactive in identifying internal and external opportunities to propagate your vision.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelors degree, Masters or PHD in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or Computer Related Design.
- Demonstrated industry authority and strategist in the field of HCI and user centered design. You have a detailed understanding of business, operational, technical and competitive landscape within one or more web centric business domains. You understand the fundamentals of business development, marketing, sales, user research, web development and interaction design.
- You have led the PDP for entire product lines and/or small company. You have a proven technical design expertise and experience in leading and executing on strategic-level projects.
- At least a minimum of 8+ years experience.