7.ai is a leader in the Conversational AI market, with over 250+ Fortune 500/1000 customers. We continue to transform our business to drive greater value to our team, shareholders, customers through new product development and market growth.
We are looking for an energetic, unstoppable Senior Vice President, Data Science in either, San Jose, CA, Toronto or Bangalore to join our team! Reporting into COO, the Senior Vice President, Data Science will help to define new 7 product ideas with predictive and goal-oriented capabilities to market.
The Senior Vice President, Data Science has responsibility for leading the research, development, and delivery of big data-based NLP/NLU solutions in the speech and digital segments. Predictive intents that drive goal oriented models are key to powering 7.ai’s conversational AI platform. You will lead the data sciences strategy for our AI technology roadmap and deploying global solutions incorporating our advanced predictive models to meet client business objectives. You will manage a cross-geo team of Data Scientists, Speech Scientist and Data Analysts. Your role is highly influential within the company setting the AI R&D roadmap and evangelizing the vision internally and externally for our AI technology. You will also interface cross-functionally with other key stakeholders in the organizations including Product Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales facilitating discussions on roadmaps, leading customer workshops, speaking with industry analysts, and being hands-on in the selling of our capability. As the Senior Vice President, Data Science, this role also involves significant collaboration with leading universities and research institutions worldwide as well as client interactions.
You will be expected to be an advocate for 7’s AI product set and its benefits - driving demand and usage of our offerings.
How will you make an impact?
- Lead the Data Sciences teams in the development and delivery of big data, predictive technologies/models with specific focus on Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Understanding, Conversational Models , Personalization, Speech Recognition, Text, Digital Signal Processing, Data Mining, Sentiment Analysis and Online targeting.
- Define and articulate the AI vision, R&D roadmap and develop standardized industry-specific solution components to accelerate our customer delivery time and scale within the vertical.
- Incorporate Data Standardization across channels, models and journeys .
- Work jointly with products on architecting and developing the next generation conversational platform to allow extension of existing form based chatbot interfaces to fully conversational systems.
- Work closely with clients providing strategic leadership and direction, analyzing current metrics and funnels, developing roadmaps for optimization, and improving their KPIs for automation / uplifts.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding financial targets for billable utilization, ACV, and TTR
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding client business objectives for optimizing CSAT, NPS, self-service rates, and sales conversion targets
- Actively support Sales and Marketing in responding to RFPs, supporting sales calls, delivering presentations, fielding questions from analysts, leading webinars, and traveling onsite to support sales meetings.
- Responsible for sizing new sales opportunities developing the LOE for delivery, estimating expected containment rates for self-service and conversion rates for sales, providing timelines for delivery
- Responsible for working with Finance on billing metrics and reports ensuring Finance has the data and support they need
- Responsible for working with Legal reviewing contracts and ensuring outcome based formulas and associated containment / conversion rates are numbers the team can deliver
- High level of travel is required. Both International (~20%) and Domestic travel (within US) (>35%) is required. Significant support for sales meetings and onsite support at client sites for QBRs, kickoffs, escalations.
- Responsible for hiring top talent and building teams leading the next generation AI solutions
- PhD in STEM (SAS is a plus) with emphasis in Machine Learning.
- 10+ years industry experience developing machine learning models at scale owning from inception to deployment with proven business impact.
- 10+ years industry experience leading and managing client engagements and meeting targets for TTR, SSR, RPC, FCR, NPS, and AOV.
- Proven track record of leading high-performance teams with 5+ years’ experience successfully managing large cross-geo teams in Data Sciences and Professional Services.
- Strong publication record (ACM, IEEE and top leading journals in the field ) and experience presenting at peer-reviewed industry conferences.
- Demonstrated customer skills and excellent presentation skills.
- A doer with the ability to be hands-on, designing processes and systems, digging into the details and operating comfortably in a cross-geo environment.