About the role:
Your passion for hospitality and great food has lead you to develop skills in connecting with people, crafting an experience and a memorable meal for your guests, and working within a team deadset on excellence, warmth, and fun. The Server will own and oversee all elements of the guests experience at 232 Bleecker, intuitively guiding them through a tailored experience that is exactly what they want and need, whether that is a quick glass of wine or a long, multi-course meal. You believe in, and gain energy from, the power of a great team working together and supporting each other and love to find ways to help and support those you work with. You have a never ending hunger for continued education and love to learn about what is currently being harvested in the fields, the people that grew and produced each wine you serve, and the history of the neighborhood and the street corner our restaurant inhabits.
- Help to build, maintain, and constantly improve the culture of the restaurant and keep a focus on education and a great work environment. You should be an example of the type of person you want to work alongside every service.
- Care for each guest, whether or not they even dine with us, and lead by example in the type of generous hospitality we want to be known for.
- Run a tight station that is always up to your high standards of excellence and exemplifies both attention to detail and fun.
- Communicate constantly and efficiently with your entire team from expediters and back servers to management and chefs.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the restaurant’s menu, it’s products and their source, our beverage program offerings and the philosophy behind them, and the details of the restaurant and neighborhood.
- Be constantly looking to deepen and expand your knowledge and experience.
- Be the face of hospitality for the restaurant and lead by example with generous hospitality for your team, locals, regulars, and first timers.
- Achieve and maintain Department of Health Standards, holding your fellow teammates accountable and role-modeling cleanliness and organization throughout your station and the restaurant.
- 1- 3 years minimum restaurant experience, ideally in a server role.
- A passion for real, good food and the skills to operate a busy station.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary.
- The discipline and desire to maintain systems and organization within fast changing environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn technological platforms and work systematically with them.
- An eye for detail.
- A flexible schedule, especially throughout the first six months of the opening.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs).
- The desire for professional improvement and the process of learning.
- The drive to build strong ties in your restaurant’s community.
- The ability to take many variables to find the best solution to a problem.
- An organized approach to achieving team goals.
Dig is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. We are excited to be opening our first sit down restaurant in the west village in the fall of 2019!
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply. Dig is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related condition, sexual and reproductive health decisions, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking, or any other legally protected status.
Physical Demands:While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, hear, and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand for long periods of time. The employee is required to use dominate hand coordination for simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation. The employee is also required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend, squat, kneel, and reach above shoulder level. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Information:This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position and does not contain all of the essential requirements and functions of the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This job description does not include all the duties that may be assigned to the employee and it may be revised from time to time with or without notice.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the employee’s manager.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. The employee will actively follow Dig Inn policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.