About the Team
At Stitch Fix, our data science team combines machine learning with expert human judgment to generate innovative recommendations and insights that transform the way our clients discover what they love. We believe in a curiosity-driven, data science culture where members have autonomy to deliver impact through end-to-end, full-stack product development and ownership. The diversity of the problems that we work on and the data-rich environment of our business make it possible, even essential, to bring the tools of multiple disciplines to bear on our hardest problems. As a $2B+ company, our growing international business is looking for data scientists and leaders to join us in the revolutionization of retail.
The shop recommendations team leverages personalization algorithms to power the Shop experience, which involves a combination of modeling style, outfit recommendations, and expanding Stitch Fix’s total addressable market. In doing so, our team builds capabilities that explore a client’s stylistic preferences to produce rankings over best items and outfits in real-time.
About the Role
In this role you will have the chance to build out a new capability that gathers data about a client's style. You will get the opportunity to work cross-functionally with Strategy, Product and Engineering business partners to craft these capabilities from the ground up!
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Address machine learning problems around recommendation engines, possibly using methods including tensor factorization, auto encoders, temporal models, deep learning transformers and variational methods
- Solve explore-and-exploit models in real-time that push the envelope of learning and ranking recommendations
- Experiment and build new algorithmic capabilities from the ground up
- Build end-to-end infrastructure along the entire model life-cycle by exploring your data, designing, deploying, testing, and monitoring your own models
- Work in a strong, collaborative environment with multiple teams and functions
We’re excited about you because…
- You have production machine learning experience where you have been responsible for deploying apps in Python
- You have a degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or a related field
- You have strong cross-functional, communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners
- You are innovative and inspired to take on new challenges; you do not shy away from potential failure
- You possess a solid understanding of ML & engineering and want to grow even deeper in the field
- You are excited to expand your knowledge of Recommendation Systems
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenges. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.