18Birdies is a social golf app designed to make your golf experience more fun, social and competitive. It’s simple, easy-to-use and is packed with features to help you track, compete and connect real-time with your golf buddies right from your phone, all for free. In addition to the consumer app, 18Birdies is developing integrated cloud-based business management software for courses – allowing them to be smarter, more efficient and more effective in order to maximize their results.
The Project Manager will work closely with our CEO on managing all aspects of the consumer app and enterprise product. This role will manage and oversee the daily development activities of the Product Development and Engineering departments and ensure all products are launched on time and with high quality. The Project Manager Development will actively seek out new trends and opportunities that will further support and provide growth to the company’s product.
- Track and coordinate all consumer app and enterprise development activities to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage a 3 year product development calendar.
- Write product documentation to maintain accurate tracking of developments and changes.
- Drive internal new product development process, supporting the agile process and ensuring a high quality of deliverables from the PD and Marketing teams throughout the process.
- Work with the Engineering department in Shanghai to ensure feature deliverables are on track and delivered on time.
- Work with Marketing to support concept testing and other validation studies.
- Help identify opportunities to improve customer experience and build learnings into product design.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure all timelines are developed and up to date, project status is communicated to stakeholders, and risks and dependencies are highlighted.
- Identify gaps in the product development systems, and where necessary, develop processes and infrastructure to mitigate gaps.
- 5+ years of Product Development experience or experience in a related field.
- Knowledge in all areas of product management including the ability to conceptualize, develop and implement innovative product development programs.
- Knowledge of the functions and process of product development, marketing, operations, and sales and their effect on product marketability and speed to market.
- Experience with development on a mobile platform.
- Strong collaborator and inclusive partner with internal business and technical partners as well as external stakeholders and customers.
- Able to identify and clearly communicate key risks and sound judgements in uncertain situations.
- Current in new technology and industry trends.
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English.
- A strong interest in golf.