Vice President, Product
Location: Oakland, CA
18Birdies is a social golf app designed to make your golf experience more fun, social and competitive. It’s simple, easy-to-use and is packed with features to help you track, compete and connect real-time with your golf buddies right from your phone, all for free. In addition to the consumer app, 18Birdies is developing integrated cloud-based business management software for courses – allowing them to be smarter, more efficient and more effective in order to maximize their results.
The VP of Product is responsible for the company’s overall product strategy and ensures the successful execution of all new product launches and competitive position. This role will manage and oversee the daily development activities of the Product Development and Engineering departments and ensure all products are launched on time and with high quality. The VP of Product will actively seek out new trends and opportunities that will further support and provide growth to the company’s product.
- Work with the Executive team to create an overall product strategy tied to the company’s operating goals and objectives.
- Visionary for product concepts, next trend technology, and competitive market features.
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, clients, and external partners to identify market needs and opportunities.
- Strategically manage the Product Development team and department budget.
- Create and manage a 3 year product development calendar.
- Manage and drive internal new product development process, owning the agile process and ensuring a high quality of deliverables from the PD, Opertions, and Marketing teams throughout the process.
- Work with Engineering department to ensure feature deliverables are on track and delivered on time.
- Work with Marketing to conduct concept testing and other validation studies. Offer opportunities to improve customer experience and build learnings into product design.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure all timelines are developed and up to date, project status is communicated to stakeholders, and risks and dependencies are highlighted.
- Identify gaps in the product development systems, and where necessary, develop processes and infrastructure to mitigate gaps.
- Partner with Operations team on budgeting, corporate strategy, and budgeting activities.
- 7+ years of Product Development experience or experience in a related field.
- 3+ year of team management.
- Creativity and knowledge in all areas of product management including the ability to conceptualize, develop and implement innovative product development programs.
- Knowledge of the functions and process of product development, marketing, operations, and sales and their effect on product marketability and speed to market.
- Knowledge of the golf industry required.
- Experience with development on a mobile platform.
- Strong leader with the vision and motivation to elevate the function and organization.
- Ability to think strategically to formulate a range of options including risk assessment and analysis as well as tracking market projections.
- Strong collaborator and inclusive partner with internal business and technical partners as well as external stakeholders and customers.
- Able to identify and clearly communicate key risks and sound judgements in uncertain situations.
- Current in new technology and industry trends.
- Fluent in Mandarin.
- A strong interest in golf.