18Birdies is a social golf app designed to make your golf experience more fun, social and competitive. It’s simple, easy-to-use and is packed with features to help you track, compete and connect real-time with your golf buddies right from your phone, all for free. In addition to the consumer app, 18Birdies is developing integrated, cloud-based business management software for golf courses – allowing them to be smarter, more efficient and more effective in order to maximize their results.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer who will help us bring our customer experience to the next level. You’ll work on a highly creative team that is developing technology that will soon be essential to the game of golf. This job requires occasional travel to Shanghai throughout the year.
- Create beautiful, intuitive, easy-to-use applications in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment.
- Plan and execute user research in close collaboration with design, engineering, and product management
- Meet and collaborate with users and business partners to inform and validate design choices.
- Influence design decisions through task analysis and systematic usability reviews
- Create prototypes and validate designs through formal and informal user testing.
- Plan and execute user research, and iterate designs based on user and customer feedback for mobile and web applications.
- Explore and refine our customer’s experiences, balancing design decisions against user and business goals.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively with local stakeholders and remote engineering teams.
- Minimum of 4-5 years visual and interaction design experience working on mobile consumer products in a consumer facing, product development team or design agency.
- Degree in UX/UI Design, Interaction Design, Motion, Graphic Design, HCI, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Portfolio highlighting excellent interaction design: design rationale, design specs and user workflows
- Deep understanding of user experience best practices, information architecture, and user testing.
- Fluent with prevailing design standards and trends
- Mastery of prevailing design tools like Sketch, Adobe CS, Invision, Axure, Balsamiq or similar
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and an understanding of Java
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in golf