18Birdies is a social golf app designed to make your golf experience more fun, social and competitive. It’s simple, easy-to-use and is packed with features to help you track, compete and connect real-time with your golf buddies right from your phone, all for free. In addition to the consumer app, 18Birdies is developing integrated cloud-based business management software for courses – allowing them to be smarter, more efficient and more effective in order to maximize their results.
The CFO role is a senior management role that reports directly to the CEO. The CFO will have management responsibility for Strategic Partnerships, Human Resources, Administration, Customer Support, and Finance. The person in this role will lead the team that is responsible for the daily accounting activities, strategic planning, cash management, and financial modeling. The ideal candidate will have experience working with senior management to determine pricing strategies, revenue targets, and set overall department objectives.
- Support company's fundraising activities.
- Lead company-wide budget process and reforecast as business needs arise.
- Advise on strategic partnerships with a focus on deal analysis, forecasting, and business planning.
- Support CEO in company’s business model and strategy.
- Work with outside legal team to close new funding.
- Work with Human Resources and senior management on equity recommendations and compensation plans.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing processes.
- Prepare financial statements and reports.
- Implement organizational policies, operating procedures and business controls.
- Manage tax compliance and audits with outside accounting firm.
Key Skills Required for the Role:
- 10+ years accounting experience at a tech firm.
- Experience working with outside investors and creation of fundraising materials.
- Software revenue recognition experience with app based products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area of study. CPA desirable but not required.
- Past management of a team of 10+ people.
- Experience transitioning from QuickBooks to Netsuite or other ERP platform
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Experience working on a SaaS product.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and other enterprise accounting systems.
- Familiarity with eShares.
- Love to play golf.