12twenty is the leading platform for employers to connect with elite early career professionals. Our community includes millions of students, recent graduates, and alumni from top business schools, law schools, and universities around the world. We take pride connecting our community of candidates with recruiters from top companies across industries. Come join our fast growing organization!
We are searching for a talented, hands-on full-stack software engineer to help take our university career center SaaS platform to the next level! If you are a self-motivated, team player with a great attitude, excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, and a passion for building great products, we’d love to hear from you!
● Collaboratively work to solve complex, technical problems with a small, tight-knit team of smart, highly motivated developers in an agile environment, where code is released multiple times per week
● Architect, develop, code review, and support high-quality code and automated tests in a detail-oriented manner with software engineering best practices in mind. Deliver clean, maintainable code within a large, complex, and established code base.
● Refactor and redesign existing code to maximize performance, scalability, and maintainability, while building out comprehensive automated tests to reduce the risk of regression
● Effectively and respectfully communicate and collaborate with other members of the team - Devs, Product, and QA - to build innovative and intuitive features that our users will love
● Provide recommendations on ways to do things better; mentor and inspire team members to elevate the team and our code
● Take ownership and have accountability over modules and features
● Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the world
● Continue to learn and grow and apply those learnings to improve the team and organization
● 5+ years of full-stack data-driven web application software development experience with C#; demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams
● Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science or related field
● Expertise with unit and integration testing and TDD concepts to build high quality, reliable code
● Experience applying software engineering best practices and design patterns for a SaaS product across a large codebase, multiple modules, and complex business rules
12twenty is an ed-tech company based in Santa Monica that’s changing the way university career centers, students, and employers approach recruiting.
Through its suite of SaaS web apps, 12twenty provides universities and employers with a platform to better connect students, career centers, and employers. Our mission is to equip universities with a platform that revolutionizes productivity and connections, enabling students and alumni to advance their careers and employers to hire quality and diverse talent. We work on an extremely diverse set of features, modules, and integrations, including oauth, calendar sync, payments, apple wallet / android pay. We are continuously building new features and improving existing ones in the context of a relatively large and long-running mostly monolithic codebase that we are also continuously refactoring and improving.
Check out a video from our last in-person user conference: https://vimeo.com/254762533
Engineering Team Structure/Processes
We work in two week sprints, but deliver continuously. Our engineering team currently consists of ten devs, broken up into two subteams. Developers work closely with their teammates and the Product team to ensure we build with usability, maintainability, and scalability in mind. We put a strong emphasis on quality, automated testing, and clean code.
Our development process:
1. Iterate upcoming stories with Product and the team
2. Engineer and lead work through a design review as needed for higher-level design decisions
3. Engineer develops and thoroughly tests their own code, via both manual and automated tests
4. Code is reviewed, first by a peer, then by the lead before it can be merged
5. QA team manually tests the story
6. Code is deployed twice a week or as needed
The majority of our code is in a single solution with dozens of projects. While the codebase and architecture is mostly monolithic, we do have a few microservices as well. Infrastructure: mostly on Azure, including App Services, SQL Database, Service Bus, Redis, Functions, Virtual Machines. We also use Cloudflare and AWS S3.
Tools we use: GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and GSuite for our day-to-day tasks.
We are a small team working on a large number of modules and integrations across the platform, including job postings, on campus interviews, events, appointments, custom reporting, analytics, calendar sync, and single sign on. We are continuously refactoring and improving the existing codebase, implementing design patterns and best practices as much as possible to build scalable infrastructure that is manageable and maintainable. However, our codebase is relatively large and long running. There is a lot to refactor and many patterns to consolidate. We are always balancing delivering direct value to the customer with repaying technical debt and ensuring we build for the long-term.
● New products built on top of our framework within our existing platform, including a rebuild of our student-facing outcome analytics platform (which has helped some schools close the gender wage gap for post graduation offers!) and extensive improvements to our alumni platform to help alumni connect and network.
● Product enhancements to existing modules and features, which may include extensive refactors
● Infrastructure improvements within Azure to ensure security, scalability, high availability, and general reliability (e.g. scaling out our database, making better use of Redis and Service Bus, and improvements with observability and monitoring)
● Better reorganize code and dependencies to better encapsulate modules
● Upgrade to .NET 7 from .NET Framework
● Rewrite our AngularJS code in the latest version of React
● Communication: offer suggestions, ask questions, be open; give and expect honesty, transparency, empathy, and respect
● Collaboration: work together to find the best solutions
● Continuous Learning and Improvement: always be looking for opportunities to improve both yourself and our product/code/team
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO policy
- Full benefits, including 401(k)
- Regular team happy hours and activities
- Remote work flexibility
12twenty is an enterprise level talent acquisition platform connecting the world’s largest employers with students and alumni from top business schools and other graduate level institutions. The market for talent, especially highly qualified talent, continues to grow more and more competitive. 12twenty’s unique position as the connection between students, schools, and employers has fueled our rocketship growth. Come be part of our journey!
12twenty offers competitive salary and stock options and an amazing team to innovate and collaborate with. We love what we do, we embody a passion for continuous improvement, and we support each other to be excellent!
Check out a video from a recent user conference: https://vimeo.com/254762533