12traits is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
12traits is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our engineering team is responsible for creating the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance. As a part of this team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers as well as with data scientists and UX designers to build the 12traits’ platform and products. As a Senior Frontend Engineer with an explicit focus on visuals, you will create stunning experiences our customers will simply love to interact with every single day.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive the visual culture in the company. Improve our D3 charts practices and empower CSS animation.
- Craft unique and custom experiences and build out company UI assets (e.g. component library)
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Communicate clearly and proactively with UX designers, product managers, backend engineers, and data scientists to support the overall company roadmap and day-to-day development
- Deliver high-quality code for features from concept until production
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- 4+ years of practical frontend development, ideally in a fast-paced start-up / tech environment
- Deep knowledge of and demonstrated experience of working with D3.js or similar data visualization libraries to build dynamic interfaces
- High proficiency in CSS and animation
- Experience of working in a design-driven environment and demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Affinity and ability to structure complex problems into easy to use applications
- A portfolio of activities / a side project that showcases your intellectual curiosity
HOW YOU STAND OUT
- Experience in writing custom UI libraries with high-quality animation
- Experience with custom D3 charts
- Experience with any CSS preprocessor and/or CSS-in-JS
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at 12traits are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
12traits is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.