Our team is looking for smart, passionate, technically savvy people to join our growing Support organization. As a Technical Support Engineer II at 128 Technology, you will be immersed in a revolutionary new approach to networking, work directly with customers and partners, and gain exposure to a diverse group of teams within the company. 128 Technology provides many opportunities to grow, in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network-related issues reported by partner and end customers of 128 Technology, Inc.
- Own each customer issue through the process from initial creation to resolution interfacing with them by phone, web, and email
- Collaborate with other Support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues of customers’ devices
- Work with Engineering and Management to diagnose and resolve critical escalated issues
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other Support team members
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles
- Stay up to date on 128 Technology features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in Engineering and Product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends
- Own and drive resolution for Enterprise level accounts
- Act as a leader and mentor to new and growing Support Engineers
- Remains thoroughly knowledgeable on company products and offerings
- 2-5 years of experience
- Demonstrable comprehension of fundamental networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, Ethernet, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including routers, switches, etc.
- Hands on Unix/Linux experience
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
- An eagerness to learn from others and be a team player
- Passionate about networking, IT, and helping people
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- Previous volunteer work/internship and/or work experience in a network lab environment helpful
- If you're a go-getter who geeks out over technology
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
128 Technology makes your network do what your business needs, by changing the way networks work. Our professional grade software teaches routers the language of applications and services, letting them understand the requirements of individual services and segments, and adapt the network dynamically to deliver what the business needs, when and where it needs it. We make routers Session Smart™, enabling enterprise customers and service providers to create a service-centric fabric that's more simple, agile, and secure, delivering better performance at a lower cost.
128 Technology is a rapidly growing start-up company and we’re looking for smart, collaborative, energetic people to help us in our mission to reinvent IP networking. At 128 Technology you’ll build groundbreaking technology, challenge yourself every day and contribute to the innovative spirit of our mission. All this while sharing in our fun, collaborative, start-up culture.