Do you want to solve complex problems and build systems that will change the Internet? Do you want to be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to work with a world-class team of engineers? Do you have what it takes?
The engineering team at 128 Technology is looking for an experienced software engineer to define and develop the deployment of our internal infrastructure, tooling, and monitoring as well as help drive the tooling required for a scalable, cloud-driven CI/CD pipeline. This person should be passionate, motivated, and self-driven.
- Develop and maintain various automation tools to be used by our engineering organization to help with building, testing, and releasing our software.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for the continuous deployment of our internal microservices using docker and latest devops tools
- Work to improve the efficiency, scalability, and operability of our existing CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins)
- Drive proper use of technologies for infrastructure monitoring, alerting, and usage tracking. Provide insight on future infrastructure needs based on data
- Provide input on areas where tooling can be improved from emerging technologies
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience developing on Linux operating systems
- Python programming experience
- Experience with containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with Test Driven Development and maintaining a stable and efficient Continuous Integration systems
Education and Experience:
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 3-5 years experience
- Experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet Chef
- Experience with OpenStack, AWS, Azure
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Packer
- Sense of humor
- Enjoys board games
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
128 Technology makes software-based routers. We're a young company, but we have some very big customers. We're growing, so we have multiple openings in different teams. We're looking for both experienced people (5+ years) and recent graduates as well, or anything in-between.
We are a mixture of more and less experienced people, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We have frequent debates about video games, movies, sports, east vs. west const, and best code editors/IDEs. Rarely has anyone been seriously injured or maimed in these debates. Except for Alex - he used tabs instead of spaces, and clearly had to be put down. (Just kidding! We use clang-format so it replaces the tabs with spaces, to accommodate heathens like Alex)
We offer free beer (on tap!), a variety of coffee, tea, sodas, waters, snacks, catered lunches... and we have a gym to counteract all that. We also have an unlimited vacation policy, flexible work hours, and other fun benefits!
We also believe no one knows everything, and even people with decades of experience can be wrong or learn better ways of doing something. Technology changes - programming does too!