The Software Engineer- Python at 128 Technology will join a newly developed Extensibility team within Engineering. We are looking for extremely motivated engineers who can work collaboratively to help build carrier-grade networking infrastructure.
- Create robust production quality applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Establish best practices associated with Unit Level testing and the incorporation of CI/CD principles into the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Establish best coding practices to minimize code refactoring for Cloud agnostic development in both Azure and AWS
- Design and develop large-scale, distributed systems and services.
- Develop scalable real time, fault tolerant, high throughput message and event driven services.
- Must believe in test-driven development
- Experience working with containers (Docker)
- Thorough understanding of IP networking and socket-based programming
- Working proficiency in Python
- Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complex analysis.
- Competency working with multi-threaded development
- Ability to deliver clean, modular code quickly and efficiently.
Education and Experience:
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 0-2 years of relevant working experience with Cloud technologies (Azure and/or AWS)
- 0-2 years of design and implementation experience of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with automation and configuration management technologies, like Salt
- Continuous integration (CI) pipeline experience in the cloud
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with messaging queues (Kafka, Rabbit MQ etc.)
- Experience with in-memory database such as Redis
- Cloud experience such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience resolving issues with Cloud HA
- Experience with monitoring cloud applications
- Exempt (Professional and Computer Employee Exemption)
- Sitting for long periods of time
About the Company:
128 Technology makes software-based routers. We're a young company, but we have some very big customers. We're growing, so we have multiple openings in different teams. We're looking for both experienced people (5+ years) and recent graduates as well, or anything in-between.
We are a mixture of more and less experienced people, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We have frequent debates about video games, movies, sports, east vs. west const, and best code editors/IDEs. Rarely has anyone been seriously injured or maimed in these debates. Except for Alex - he used tabs instead of spaces, and clearly had to be put down. (Just kidding! We use clang-format so it replaces the tabs with spaces, to accommodate heathens like Alex)
We also believe no one knows everything, and even people with decades of experience can be wrong or learn better ways of doing something. Technology changes - programming does too!