Do you want to solve complex problems and build systems that will change the Internet? Do you want to be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to work with a world-class team of engineers? Do you have what it takes?
The engineering team at 128 Technology is looking for a software engineer focusing on developing a highly scalable distributed networked applications. We are looking for extremely motivated engineers who can work collaboratively to help build carrier-grade networking infrastructure.
- Design and develop large-scale, distributed systems and services
- Develop scalable real time, fault tolerant, high throughput message and event driven systems
- Improve the performance of existing software
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion
- Mentor other engineers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 7+ years experience developing large-scale software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Thorough understanding of IP networking and socket-based programming
- High degree of competency working with multi-threaded development
- Excellent C++ developer and debugging skills
- Ability to deliver clean, modular code quickly and efficiently
- Experience developing on Linux OS
- Working experience with C++11-17
- Experience with Agile development process
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Sense of humor
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
128 Technology makes software-based routers. We're a young company, but we have some very big customers. We're growing, so we have multiple openings in different teams. We're looking for both experienced people (5+ years) and recent graduates as well, or anything in-between.
We are a mixture of more and less experienced people, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We have frequent debates about video games, movies, sports, east vs. west const, and best code editors/IDEs. Rarely has anyone been seriously injured or maimed in these debates. Except for Alex - he used tabs instead of spaces, and clearly had to be put down. (Just kidding! We use clang-format so it replaces the tabs with spaces, to accommodate heathens like Alex)
We offer free beer (on tap!), a variety of coffee, tea, sodas, waters, snacks, catered lunches... and we have a gym to counteract all that. We also have an unlimited vacation policy, flexible work hours, and other fun benefits!
We also believe no one knows everything, and even people with decades of experience can be wrong or learn better ways of doing something. Technology changes - programming does too!