Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology, rock star output, and appreciation for a balanced, healthy lifestyle. Our Vision is to build and maintain a community that respects, values, and celebrates our individuality; fosters an inclusive and equitable experience for all; and empowers us to be our authentic selves each day.
Bluescape provides virtual workspaces for hybrid and remote teams to meet and interact with all of their mission critical content and data. We are located in Kitchener’s downtown, but are currently working from home. We're all entrepreneurs here no matter what role you are in, so if you want to work with smart, collaborative people; work on interesting projects; and contribute towards a cool and innovative product, then we want to hear from you!
- Work as part of the backend platform team building RESTful services.
- Design, code, and maintain APIs that drive our client applications.
- Write secure code and debug performance problems in production systems.
- Write quality, maintainable code with good test coverage, and take ownership of the code in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate effectively with client teams and understand the requirements for the API.
- Be aware of trends in the software industry and identify technologies that are applicable to Bluescape.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years' experience building scalable web services
- Strong software engineering background with a drive to solve complex problems
- Strong Experience with REST APIs and Implementation
- Strong experience with Relational Databases and SQL.
- Can design database schemas and think through performance implications.
- Understanding of OAuth, OpenID, and other authentication technologies.
- Proficient in Linux and have debugged performance issues in a production environment.
- Has used Git for source code version control and Jira for task tracking.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, often with changing requirements and priorities, and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Have read the OAuth and OpenID specs and have implemented an authentication provider service in Node
- Knowledge of SAML and integration with SSO providers like Okta
- Show us any personal projects that you have worked on in your Github account.
- Experience with GraphQL API implementation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthy Living Rewards Program
- Generous Time Off Allowance
- Volunteering Time Off
- Education Assistance Program
Come do the best work of your life here at Bluescape.
Bluescape is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Bluescape, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight