ABOUT THE ROLE
If you want to reimagine the way companies communicate and collaborate, working with cutting-edge technologies and high-caliber professionals, then drop us a line. You will be an Engineering Leader on our Data Science / Machine Learning engineering team.
- Lead a team of experienced engineers on our Data Science / Machine Learning Team engineering Team.
- Responsible for managing development engineering team, and domain owner
- Collaborate effectively with high profile customers as needed basis
- Ability to cross collaborate across multiple teams, and ability to build team
- Collaborate effectively with the Design and Product teams and understand product requirements
- Be aware of trends in the software industry and identify technologies that are applicable
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Be the entrepreneur and evangelist behind the ML for Operations initiative.
- Build and lead a world-class team of SW engineers capable of scaling for Bluescape through a period of continued high-growth while forging tight partnerships with managers and engineers across infrastructure.
- Demonstrate an ability to structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top tier talent and filing out gaps in the existing team quickly to accommodate growth.
- Able to lead from the front, prioritize, and drive the bigger mission forward by translating vision into results.
- Manage, mentor and grow SW engineering teams, able to manage as well as performance manage those who need more help.
- Measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes that are working well and build the next level of improvements, set standards for SW development, prototyping, deployments at scale, infrastructure reliability, and scalability.
- Partner with relevant technical functions across the company to ensure all partnering teams are in sync.
- Continue to improve the thriving engineering culture across all tech functions.
- Build and lead an organization with customer focus, world-class quality, and effective communication with a focus on decisive, fast-moving solutions, quick and constructive resolutions to conflicts, and a “no barriers” mentality.
- Serve as an evangelist for the team and overall culture, both internally and externally.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience in a technology environment.
- Experience in machine learning workload and AI powered products.
- Experience leading engineering programs from concept to completion across multiple engineering teams and experience articulating a vision and a direction for such programs.
- Experience with scale, production systems with emphasis on Reliability, Efficiency, Scalability, etc. with Product mindset.
- Experience implementing instrumentation and monitoring solutions.
- Experience with cloud-based systems such as Cloudera, AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure
- Experience in an established mid-sized growth stage company or a fast-moving startup in the areas of data infra, real-time monitoring, or systems operations.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems