Systems Engineer (Media Services)
The Systems Engineer shares responsibility for the design, configuration, management, and support of the entire Cast & Crew technology environment. Responsibilities include all related facilities (physical and cloud), hardware, middleware, and software used to service Cast & Crew staff, internal/external customers, and support teams, along with the systems used for the development, and deployment of applications hosted on virtual and physical servers. The position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our financial systems, O365, Active Directory (AD), VMware, SAN, and cloud environments, including all future services that interface with these solutions. This position will also provide backup support of network, storage, and software distribution systems.
- Designs and implements server-based solutions in a DevOps/high-availability environment (most move at the pace of our Software Developers)
- Provides full stack tier 1-3 technical support to technology teams and other business units in a 24/7/365 shop
- Analyzes system logs and identifies potential issues with computer systems
- Introduces and integrates new technologies into existing computing environments
- Performs routine audits of systems and software
- Performs capacity planning and analysis
- Oversees the maintenance of data center environment technology
- Installs and maintains network and computer peripherals (e.g. Linux, Windows, EC2, VMware, NetApp, S3, Glacier, Cisco VoIP service, printers, modems, or related equipment)
- Applies operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Plans, coordinates, and installs various operating system and application software on a variety of servers and workstations
- Designs, manages, and supports server platforms (Cisco UCS, Dell PowerEdge, HP Proliant).
- Designs, configures, and manages VMware Infrastructure and ESX Servers
- Reviews, designs automation methodologies for Windows server configuration (e.g. Ansible, PowerShell DSC, etc.)
- Documents the configuration of the corporate technology systems and environments.
- Documents, installs, and maintains software, devices, and end-user services.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and tunes system performance
- Interfaces with staff assigned to applications development to maintain familiarity with application development
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Ensures all processes and technology meet all required SOC1, SOC2 compliance (at a security minimum) and delivers evidence and artifacts during audits
- Expert level understanding and experience with Windows/Linux, EC2, Active Directory, and Windows server-based applications required
- Expert level understanding and experience with virtualization platforms (VMware, NSX, Cloud)
- Advanced level expertise with converged and hyper-converged infrastructure (Cisco UCS, HyperFlex)
- Significant understanding and experience with firewall and load balancer technologies (e.g. F5, Palo Alto)
- Significant expertise with storage technologies (NetApp, EMC, Data Domain, S3, Glacier)
- Significant experience building and configuring servers, including automation, documentation, & scripting.
- Significant experience with identity and access management platforms (ADFS, Okta, Onelogin)
- Strong understanding of network troubleshooting techniques
- 5+ years of work experience in Systems Engineering and Architecting
- 5+ years of recent server/AD/O365/Cloud experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise-grade storage products
- Ability to create clear documentation and draw effective diagrams
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- AWS/Azure certification is a plus
- Experience in the Entertainment Industry a plus
- Occasional travel required to support remote offices and data centers
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may occasionally require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.