The Payroll Specialist/Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for assigned shows and to be the point of contact for the client in aspects of payroll processing. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to proficiently demonstrate payroll processing ability in all US related payrolls, union and non-union. Extensive knowledge of all (Hollywood) I.A.T.S.E. locals, guilds and contracts, both TV and Theatrical, is highly preferred.
- Process in-coming payroll, which includes breaking of timecards following all applicable Federal, State, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Accountable and responsible for quality service in assisting and servicing clients in regards to payroll production, tax-related issues, answering pertinent questions, and problem-solving in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports: timecard verification, fringe, payroll history, cast list, gross wages.
- Maintaining accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, following company policy and procedure.
- Maintain the client relationship as it related to the weekly processing of the client's payroll. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Multi-level relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work towards the team and individual goals
- Knowledge in using an analytical approach to breaking payroll
- Must exhibit a sense of urgency concerning client servicing
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices, and financial arrangement
- Must have the ability to break payroll and learn advanced concepts when ready
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in the entertainment payroll industry.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may occasionally require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.