The Payroll Analyst / OPS Technician is responsible for working closely with internal departments and external clients on preparing, analyzing, and processing payroll adjustments. Process and verify payroll adjustments (work state, pay rate, union affiliation and other) as instructed by coordinators, external clients, and management.
- Process payroll adjustments by analyzing the request and identifying the best approach to process the adjustment accurately and timely
- Manage their assignments and update status of assigned tickets
- Be able to coordinate with other teams to collect additional related information as needed
- Explain adjustments and results to clients, coordinators, and others
- May contact clients directly to clarify or discuss adjustment requests
- Must be familiar with the full employee setup (employee records, deal memos, special records) cycle
- May be asked to assist in check printing in emergency situations
- Work with Finance and Payroll Departments to resolve direct deposit exceptions
- Two or more years full time experience in payroll (preferably entertainment industry) data entry, coordinator (or similar), payroll adjustment technician, project paymaster or payroll accountant
- At least one-year experience entering financial or payroll data into an automated system; since our software is proprietary, no software is favored unless it was used in the entertainment industry
- Education – high school graduate or GED, with business subjects preferred. Certificate level courses in bookkeeping or payroll are a plus
- Solves a problem by analyzing its component parts and identifying the key or underlying issues
- Ability to quickly comprehend/learn new processes, systems, and methods
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal-oriented, and people-oriented
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary - Exerts up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate client and business needs.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.